A Bright Neighborhood is a blog exploring ways to become more curious, creative, and playful moms. It encourages women in the first decade of adulthood, marriage, and motherhood to pursue vulnerable living and be contributors to a positive community outside of their home.
If you’re looking for a pretty and perfect lifestyle blog, you have come to the wrong place!
I live a real life. I’m a real woman who sometimes fantasizes about wearing her fuzzy robe out in public, doesn’t always wear makeup, and doesn’t always have the perfect thing to say. I live in a real home in which the furnishings and wardrobe reflect a budget. I have a real family with a couple of kids who wear thrifted clothing and sometimes throw tantrums. I am a wife in a real marriage that is gritty and raw. Nothing here will be perfect. I am not putting on a show.
If you’re here looking for curated blog posts several times a day… I definitely cannot give you that. I work 40 hours a week, manage a home, cater to children, and barely have enough time to take a breath. When I have time to spare (a rare luxury), I find it difficult to stick to one hobby: I design, I write, I read, I sew, I make soap, I cook, I take photos, I have fun… I create.
- I’m the sort of person who believes in eating cake in the middle of the afternoon.
- “Play”is one of my favorite words.
- I say a hearty YES whenever I possibly can.
- I have been called Miss Frizzle on more than one occasion, and I strongly believe that her mantra “take chances, make mistakes, and get messy” is simple, solid advice for all stages of life.
- I allow myself one or two days a month to wear black–the other 28 days, it’s COLOR! COLOR! COLOR!
Hopefully, when reading my blog you will laugh, be inspired, be encouraged, think critically, and engage in your humanity.
Hopefully it is the sort of place where you feel you can be yourself and find someone with whom you can identify.
So let your guard down, and read on.